Summary of Contents:
- Create a New List
- List Name and Description Examples
- Upload Subscribers to Your New List
- Check Your List Upload Status
- View Your Uploaded List
- Explanation of List Upload Settings
- Other Lists
- Reset Bounces
- Subscriber Data
- Need More Help?
Create a new list
- Click on the Lists tab in the navigation header to access the Lists Screen.
- Click on the Create New List option at the bottom of the page to create a new list.
A menu will appear on the screen. Fill in New List Name, Brand, and provide a brief List Description.
List Name and Description Examples
- New List Name: Master Subscriber List
- Description: List of every 'Opt-in' subscribers
- New List Name: Transactional Email List
- Description: List used to send transactional emails
- New List Name: SitePreserver Email List
- Description: List used to send cart abandonment emails
- New List Name: Test List
- Description: List used to send a Full Test of your Creatives
Hint: It often makes sense to have the name of your list reference the collection Source/Method. Here are some examples:
- Micro Site Offer
- Facebook Email Capture
- Paid search Landing page
- Collected over the phone or at Point of Sale
Upload Subscribers to your new list
- After clicking Create, you will be directed to the Upload Subscribers screen seen below.
- Fill in your list upload setting, Choose File and click Upload Data.
For more details about filling out this page, see the following section at the bottom of this post.
[Click image to magnify.]
Hint: If something is wrong with your file or settings an error message will appear and provide you with direction on how to correct the error.
Check your list upload status
After you upload a list, go to the Lists screen to check on the status of your upload. You can either click on the Edit List Information icon to view list uploading status, or click on the List Upload Status link at the bottom to see the List Status for the past 5 Uploads for each Brand.
[Click image to magnify.]
View your uploaded list
When the list upload is complete, it will appear in the list screen. Click on the name of the list in the list screen to see your list data.
From a single Login, an MTE Account can act as a centralized email platform for companies that have several sub-Brands. This is for organizational purposes only and does not appear on your emails sent.
In the drop down menu (below), select the Brand for this list upload.
Hint: Most MTE client accounts only have a single Brand. Here is an example of many Brands under one account:
Here you can find a drop down of every list in your account. Use Lists to organize your subscribers anyhow you like. It is just one tool available to make emailing smarter, more relevant campaigns simple. Good list organization is critical to maintaining Sender Reputation and Deliverability. Segmenting (separating) your lists by 'Op-in' or collection source is an easy way for you to target your campaigns only to individuals who want to get your mail.
Select the appropriate List to upload subscriber data via the drop down menu.
You can choose to duplicate email addresses from other lists upon the upload. Remember that if you send to one or more list, any duplicate email addresses will only receive one email.
If a user has unsubscribed from this list or another list, you may choose to either suppress this email from uploading or subscribe it to the list.
We highly recommend this remain at NO. Bounce data is very helpful information, and it can be used in many ways to help you segment your lists/determine list health. Only select YES if you want to erase this data.
If you are uploading a new list this section does not apply.
If you are uploading data to an EXISTING list you will need to decide how you want new data to interact with existing data. You can choose from a few options:
- Leave all existing data alone ( i.e add only new subscribers and their data).
- Merge data to add new fields (i.e. First Name) without overwriting existing fields.
- Overwrite existing fields (i.e. update a field with latest information collected for the subscriber).
- Refresh all of the subscriber information. This deletes your current list and REPLACES it with the uploaded list.
Select the delimiter type used on your upload file (i.e. what character is used to separate your data entries).
Hint: .CSV = Comma (",") Delimited values
.PIP = Pipe ("|") Delimited values
.TXT can be Comma (",") OR 'Tab' OR Pipe ("|") Delimited values
Click Choose File button to browse your computer for the desired List Upload File.
Hint: To avoid confusion try to name your files similar to the list destination.
Click on the Data Fields link to see the data fields which you have set up. To learn more about how to format your list click here.
Lastly, you can choose to have an automatic email sent to NEW subscribers on the list. Choose a creative from the drop down list. Go to the Creatives section see what the creative looks like or to add a new email creative.
Need More Help?
- Have unanswered questions?
- Need 1-on-1 training? - Ask about Training Options
- Want us to handle it for you? - Ask about Full Service Email Solutions
Please reach out to the the MTE Support Team by posting a comment, submitting a Support Ticket, or calling our 24/7 help line at 877-681-9255.